You are invited to an Informational Seminar at Caltest Analytical Laboratory on Thursday September 25th, 2008 @ 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., complimentary lunch and optional lab tours following.
The focus of the presentations are optimization of approved regulatory analyses by reducing matrix interferences using approved techniques.
We will discuss:
- Trace Metals matrix interference removal by cell-based ICPMS : Improvements in Arsenic, Selenium, Cadmium, Nickel, Silver and Copper analysis.
- Cyanide analysis at the low levels required by discharge permits, review of the method details and issues of concern.
- Methyl Mercury analyses in wastewaters: overall wastewater matrix spike performance and discussion of outliers.
- Chlorinated Pesticides by micro Electron Capture Detector (ECD) with real time split to Mass Spectrometer for simultaneous mass spectral confirmation. This configuration provides mass spectral confidence of analyte identification while retaining the traditional EPA method 608 reference.
- Pyrethroid Pesticides with Negative Chemical Ionization Mass Spectrometry for improved handling of matrix interferences. Progress report on the implementation of this more selective method.